Friday, January 22, 2010

Postcard Collection

As part of an ongoing study of world geography, the boys have started a postcard collection. Our hope is to collect postcards mailed to them from each province and territory, state, and as many other countries in the world as we can manage. We are off to a somewhat slow start (it is amazing how many people we know who live in Ontario!!!) but so far they have postcards from British Colombia, Alberta, New Brunswick, Buffalo, Florida, and New Zealand. Others are on the way from Guatemala, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Hawaii.
I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about as freely as possible.
-Mahatma Gandhi

3 comments:

  1. Hey
    You probably know that there are post card exchange groups for homeschoolers on-line but I thought I would mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I need to look some of them up. I was hoping to do this from our group of contacts, but that apparently won't take us too far. Maybe a homeschooler exchage would grow into a pen pal friendship for the boys...do such things still exist?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw this at the library and thought it might be of interest

    http://www.homeedmag.com/HEM/261/postcards.html
    Karen

    ReplyDelete