Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Grotto

This morning we decided to take in the drop-in program at the local indoor climbing gym. William has gone climbing here before, and loves it. I figure if they are going to climb anyway, they had better learn how to do it safely. It was all the more fun because we ran into so many of the boys' friends from the homeschool group.

I am sure we will be going back in the near future - Will has his sights set on the top of the boulder - a huge climbing structure with a platform on the top. The kids climb up to the top, and then take a rest before coming back down. He made it most of the way up today, but still needs a bit of practice. I imagine that climbing down will be a whole other story, but I am trying not to think about that part too much!!




I believe that when we face challenges in life that are far beyond our own power, it's an opportunity to build on our faith, strength and courage. I've learned that how we face challenges plays a big role in the outcome of them.
-Sasha Azevedo

No comments:

Post a Comment