Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, William!

Today my first little baby turned 7 years old. I have tried to figure out how it happened, but I just don't get it. What amazes me the most is that no matter how hard I try to see it otherwise, William seems closer to adulthood than to babyhood. I know that by the numbers that is not true, but by his actions it certainly is. His curiosity, kindness and caring shines through in everything that he does. He is happiest when he has something important to do. Not busy-making, but something that he knows contributes to his family or tot he happiness of others. His mannerisms, habits and sense of humor are purely his own. His heart, so full of kindness and compassion, amazes me (and makes me so proud!) each and every day.

We celebrated Will's birthday with our extended family - lots of playing, good food, and of course, Chocolate Birthday Cake - Yum! Now he is looking forward to a sleep-over party with a few close friends this Friday.


Happy Birthday, Angel.





1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to William - and happy mama-birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete