Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Letting Go...

Today's lesson, boys and girls, is all about letting go.

*Letting go of my hope of getting back into some sort of routine this week.
*Letting go of the expectation that I will be able to get somewhere, anywhere, on time.
*Letting go of my right to have a shower every day (or even to pee alone in the bathroom, for that matter).
*Letting go of my internal clock that tells me that it should not take 2 1/2 hours to make a batch of cookies.
*Letting go of my prejudice against Kraft Dinner.
*Letting go of my sense of urgency that we (still) have not made it even half way through William's math lessons for the year.
*Letting go of anxiety about problems and circumstances that are beyond my control.
*Letting go of my guilt at having to put myself into numerous time-outs today.
*Letting go of my belief that I am the only Mama who has days like this.

Hope that your day is going better than mine!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joanna,

    Just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not the only mama with these kind of days! Hope tomorrow is easier :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda - most days mothering is the most challenging and rewarding job that there is. And some days, well, it is just really, really hard. Thanks for the sympathy.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that - and they can be very very hard. Treat yourself the way a good friend would - with tea and chocolate and compassion.

    Sooner rather than later it all changes and you wonder (like I did today) how they all got big enough to go off to the park without Mama.

    Hang in there

    ReplyDelete