Friday, January 22, 2010

A Little Bit of Pretty

It always amazes me how much we take for granted - this beautiful stream runs just outside of the town where we live. I drive by it almost every week, but have never stopped to really look at it before. Today I pulled over to the side of the road to take a closer look.

I was only there for a few minutes (little people were waiting at home for the milk that I went out to buy) but it was such a nice feeling to take it all in. Sometimes in the rush of our busy days, we forget how little time it can take to find a moment of peace: some fresh air, bright sunshine, clear water, and green trees. Nature really does have the power to heal.


There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your greatest restorer.
-Calvin Coolidge, 1924.

No comments:

Post a Comment