Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chai Latte Concentrate

This is one of those recipes that you need to try on faith, because at first glance it sounds (and looks!) rather yucky. I came across it on this blog, and had to try it out. The results were this: you know those Chai Lattes that you buy at Starbucks or Second Cup that are too ridiculously expensive to admit to your husband that you buy, so you have to scrimp on groceries and make do with tuna casserole and spaghetti for a week so that you can grab one as a special treat for yourself? You know those? Well, this recipe makes them quick, cheap, easy, and guilt-free. Really. I have had two already this afternoon - stay tuned for my 3am posting as there is no chance that I will fall asleep with so much caffeine in my system now.

Chai Concentrate

1 - 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mix together and store in the fridge. To make, brew one cup of strong black tea (I used regular Orange Pekoe since it was what I had on hand) and mix in 2 tsp of the chai concentrate. Stir until dissolved, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment