Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful


The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher

Today I am thankful for...
My family and friends, both near and far
The health that we take for granted
Turkey dinner that will feed us for a week, in various incarnations
The crisp (and sometimes cold) air outside, and the warmth of the wood stove inside
Time to just be with the people that I love
The smells of apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg
The flush on my children's' cheeks when they come in from outside
The cold cellar stocked with food
Quilts piled high on the beds
The pair of knit socks that I am planning to start this week
The fact that my sister is very soon going to be living nearer to us
Beautiful orange pumpkins piled outside of our front door
Neighbours that have turned into friends
The vegetable garden (almost) put to bed for the winter
Our little town, and the community that it contains
The kind, generous and wise men that my boys are turning into
All of the love and laughter and warmth in our lives
We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment