Sunday, July 5, 2009

Strawberries

Nothing is better than the first taste of summer strawberries. Not those those hard, cardboard, hollow and pulpy monstrosities that get from the grocery store at $1000 / quart, but the small, sweet, juicy, delicious morsels that you pop into your mouth when they are still hot from the sun...Just give me a moment, please....

SO!! Do you see all of this above?!?! JAM!!! My enthusiasm about strawberry jam may seem a little out of proportion, but I admit to having a bit of a jam problem (along with my maple syrup problem...) The store bought stuff just won't do, but give me a little time in the kitchen and some fresh strawberries and a mountain of pure white sugar and I am in pure heaven. I managed to put up 22 jars of jam (strawberry and strawberry-rhubarb) and I was totally blissful, if a little hot. And now for the best part.....

No comments:

Post a Comment