Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Fort

Have you ever had one of those days when somehow, in spite of all of your best efforts, this whole parenting thing just gets a little bit beyond you? Like the other day, when William and Charlie had 3 of the neighbourhood kids over to play, and I was trying to sneak a few minutes with a great book it had been taking me far too long to finish, while they played. William idles up beside me and asks, in the quietest and sweetest voice that he could manage, if they could "please build a little fort in your bedroom, Mommy?" Well, I am ashamed to admit that I missed it. In any of my better moments I would have recognized this as the sign of impending disaster that it surely was. But somehow, instead I said "Mmmmmmm" and went back to my book. About 15 minutes later, I finally roused myself to go and see what all of the giggling was about. Here is what I saw.......



Yup. My children, ladies and gentlemen. My bedroom. My price to be paid for a few minutes with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment