Friday, July 24, 2009

Madeline

I have to start this post by emphasizing how much I love my boys. They are rough and tough, full of energy, sweet as maple syrup, and the light of my life. But every so often, just for a minute or two, I get a little bit of girl envy. I think of how nice it would be to have a little girl who would like to go to the Saturday market with me, like pretty things, and maybe, just maybe, be a little bit crafty.... Well, I may not have a little girl of my own, but I have the next best thing. A wonderful 6 year old neighbour named Madeline (Maddie) who is absolutely adorable. She and her brother Ben are good friends with William and Charlie, and they are over to visit often. And, when I am lucky, Maddie gets tired of playing blasters and comes to find me to ask if we can do something crafty. So here is Maddie, making book marks and note cards with pressed flowers with me the other day. My heart sings!!




No comments:

Post a Comment