Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Sneak Peak

It seems so selfish to be crafting up a storm and not sharing any of the ideas, when I learn so much from other people's blogs. So I thought that I would share this little recipe before Christmas...If you are on my Christmas list, please look away!!

Stocking stuffers are always a challenge for me...It needs to be something inexpensive, fairly small, but not junky. Best, of course, if there is something that everyone will enjoy.

This lip balm fits the bill perfectly. It is really quick and easy to make, smells and tasted wonderful, and is made from ingredients that I (usually) have on hand. Even the guys enjoy getting it!

Lip Balm:

Combine 4 Tbsp olive oil, 3 Tbst grated bees wax, and 1 Tbsp of honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat and stir until the beeswax is melted. Remove from heat and wisk in the contents of 1 vitamin E capsule and 6 drops of Peppermint essential oil. Pour into sterilized lip stick tubes or other small containers (the watchmakers tins from Lee Valley Tools are a perfect fit).

No comments:

Post a Comment