Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Big Snow

William and Charlie have been so worried lately that there might not be any snow for Christmas...so they were thrilled to get outside today and play in the first really substantial snowfall. I was a little less thrilled, I admit, to wrestle with the snow pants, hats, mitts, pant legs that won't stay down, hoods that won't stay up, wrists that won't stay covered.... They had so much fun, though, that I soon got over my grumpies. Sometimes I need to remind myself that snow is more than just cold and beautiful. It is the canvas for snow angels, the stuff of perfect throwing balls, the cement of the best forts, that delicate and delicious speck on your tongue, the softest landing, the provider of shelter, comfort, and fun. Welcome, winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment