Thursday, December 17, 2009

CN Tower

To celebrate the boys' Pop (my husband's father) today on his 70th birthday, we headed into Toronto to visit the CN Tower. It really is a sin that we don't get into the city more often when it is (comparatively) so close. I don't ever remember having been up to the top of the tower before, although I expect that I did as a kid. When it is so much a normal part of the sky line, we often forget how truly spectacular it is. Looking up at it from the base, you realize what an incredible feat of architecture and engineering it is. The views were amazing. The boys were thrilled to watch the airplanes come in for a landing at the island airport so far below us. This is not an inexpensive trip, but I would highly suggest it - at least once in a lifetime.











No comments:

Post a Comment