Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yeah Me!!!!!

OK, so this may not look like much to you, but to me it is wondrous. What you are looking at, dear reader, are my very own seedlings, tucked into a beautifully weed-free raised bed (I won't even tell you how long it took me to get it weed-free...)mulched with straw from a friends farm (thanks Jenn and David!!!) and ready for the summer. If you have followed this blog for a while, you know a little bit about my challenges with gardening - mostly that I am not all that good at it. But for the first time ever, I have managed to keep my seedlings alive long enough to move them out into the great outdoors, and even hardened them off suitable that they have not died of dislocation. We planted 2 types of tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, green and yellow beans, and even some marigolds. Add this to the cabbage, carrots, peas, spinach and lettuce that made it into the ground earlier in the spring, and we are in great shape!! If you have any helpful gardening tips, I would love to hear from you. Hopefully my gardening 'luck' will hold on until the harvest....

No comments:

Post a Comment