Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Chocolate Brownie Recipe

Some days really just call for chocolate, don't they? I am not talking about a bite out of a chocolate chip cookie, or some mostly bland doughnut with some chocolate goop on top. I am not talking about chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk, or even chocolate Easter eggs. I am talking about real, rich, fudgy goodness. Homemade, make-your-home-smell-wonderful, pass-the-milk=please delicacies.

I love brownies on these days - quick and easy to make, little mess, quick baking time, and made with ingredients that I usually have on hand. They make for easy-eating by little ones, without the level of commitment that comes with cookie dough that needs to be baked in batches.

Today I tried out a new brownie recipe, and I love it....so of course I will share. The original recipe is from allrecipe.com.

Best Brownies

1 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (the best you can afford - it makes a big difference!)
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips (the original calls for semi-sweet, but I prefer milk)

Melt butter over low heat, and then beat in sugar and vanilla. You Can transfer the butter into a bowl first, but I usually just melt the butter in a big pot and then add the other ingredients into that. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat until thoroughly blended. Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt. Gradually stir into wet ingredients, but be sure not to over mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, and back at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.

These turned out lovely - fudgy and chewy in the middle, with a great crispy sweet top. I am sure that you could modify the recipe to make it a little healthier, but some things just need to stay as they are. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment