Saturday, October 23, 2010

Playing with Clay

There is a lovely little pottery studio beside an office building that I visit regularly, and I have been lusting to go for quite some time. They offer clay throwing and spinning, as well as bisque painting and firing. It has that come-on-in-and-get-your-hands-dirty kind of look, that pulls me in each time.
I haven't made it in on my own yet, but I did manage to bring the boys for some creative time when the shop held its on year anniversary. There was discounted bisque painting, face painting, and even cake and hot dogs. We invited a neighbourhood friend along for the trip, and the kids had a great time.

I often have a hard time getting the boys to do things that could be considered 'crafty', but they both seemed to love this. Each painted 2 pieces, and they would like to go back again. Charlie was a little upset to have to leave his creations there to be fired, but I know that he will be happy with the result when I pick up their masterpieces next week. Here are the 'in-progress' shots. I will flash up a picture of the finished products when we get them.



No comments:

Post a Comment