Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hitting The Water!!

Yeah...SUMMER!!! The whole family hit the water for the first time this season, to try out my husband Jim's (latest) boat. For any of you who don't know Jim personally, let me give you a bit of history. First of all, we do not have enough money to own a boat. Secondly, that has never stopped Jim before...and thirdly he happens to be an expert bargain finder. So beginning last year, Jim set out to get himself a boat. Through Kijiji, free cycle, garage sales, dumpster hunting, numerous buy-and-selling, some paint and a little bit of hot glue, he has managed to pull together a good sized, very seaworthy fishing boat for less than $2000. Yeah!! So yesterday we headed out to Lake Bellewood for a little fishing.



And the best part of having the boat, of course, is that Jim and the boys enjoy fishing far more than I do. So today, as I write this, the house is wonderfully quiet, and I know that my family will be home from their second excursion of the season only in time for a late dinner and an early bedtime. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment