Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Penny Science

When my little ones and I are feeling bored, nothing cures the winter blahhs faster than some kitchen table science. Often this means the boys raiding the fridge and cupboards scrounging for the 'secret ingredients' needed for their potions and magic tonics. Today things became (ever so slightly) more formal with an easy kitchen experiment. The boys found 2 very dirty pennies, and put one each into test tubes of water and lemon juice. A half hour later, voila! One still very dirty penny, and one that was shiny clean. This was certainly not complex, but they now know a bit about what acids can do. And after all ...anything that involves test tubes and pinchers just has to be educational - don't you think?


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I homeschool and I love doing science projects with my kids also! It breaks the monotony, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete