Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gratitude

Today I am thankful for...

*A fire in the wood stove,and snow falling outside
*A new book waiting for me at bedtime (The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent - I will let you know!)
*An 8 year old boy who sometimes feels too old for kisses, but still says "I love you Mama" when I am least expectign it
*The papa-build snow fort in the back yard that is now two stories high
*A fresh tray of brownies on the kitchen counter, and a tall glass of milk waiting
*Bed time stories that I enjoy, too - C.S.Lewis' The Horse And His Boy
*A little break in my hectic work schedule to catch up with the people that I love
*Finding a $25 gift card in my wallett that I forgot I had
*My Charlie who still snuggles up to me at night, and touches my cheek before going to sleep
*A work training retreat that included a 2h hour silence exercise
*A new week coming filled with new opportunities for the whole family

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
~Thornton Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment