Friday, May 14, 2010

Two Wheels

The day has finally arrived - William,'s training wheels came off!! (Actually, they came off a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten the photos up until now - oops!) Will has been wanting to bike more and more lately, but unfortunately our neighbourhood is completely hilly, which means that in order for the kids to ride for more than a few minutes at a time, I have to load them and the bikes into the van and head out somewhere a little more friendly to little legs pushing pedals. Alas, I am not very good at that, so the boys are a little behind in getting their riding legs. This spring Will and I realized that it was long past time that we got him onto two wheels, so we set out to do it. These photos are of the first day on his own - he wanted to stay on the grass until he felt his balance a little more. Since then we have been riding at my sister's home (the perfect place for little people to ride) and he is loving it. I am sure that it won't be long before Charlie follows.



If you look closely at the last shot you can see his tongue sticking out in concentration - something he inherited from me, I am told!

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you my towel trick for getting kids riding on 2 wheels. It's so easy and it has worked for every kid I have tried it on.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete