Saturday, July 28, 2012

Preparing for camping

William, Charlie and I are heading up to Cyprus Lake next week for a few days of camping, and we have been in full preparation mode.  The living room is full of sleeping bags, enamel plates, and marshmallows.  Through all of this, William has been adamant that he is old enough to sleep in his own tent (I beg to differ, but I am pretty sure that has to do with my own Mama-ness rather than his lack of skill or maturity).  Actually, he has been talking about going it alone for quite a while now - the afterglow of some great camping trips with his Cub Troupe, I think.

Today we went into town to pick up a few last minute things, and he finally won me over.  Canadian Tire had a little 1-2 man tent on sale for $20, and it ended up coming home with us.

Here is William getting ready for his first almost-solo camping trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment