Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Super Snow Fort

I have come to realize why it is important for kids to have 2 parents. Now, before everyone gets up on the old soap box, this is not a deep social commentary on single parenthood, gender roles, or gay and lesbian rights. It is simply a post about my own light bulb moment today, so here is what I have discovered.....I have been known, in the past, to gripe (just a wee bit) when my husband doesn't see things my way. I may, occasionally, get upset that he doesn't approach the world (and parenthood) the same way that I do. But today, he shone as uber-father by spending time with the kids doing something that I never would have conceived of......

Today was the day that the super-fort was born. Now please understand that this was not your average, Mama or kid led building project. It was not built with snow piles, or even with recycle box molds. This baby was build using a snow-blower, and a blow torch. Really. It can hold up to 6 kids at time, and Charlie can actually stand up inside. It has 2 doors, a chimney, and the outside doubles as a climbing mountain / snow slide. It really is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

So today's post is in homage to my hubby, and his truly male brain that is so entirely different from my own. Honey, you rock.



1 comment: